Vigilant


I made it through the walk, and I feel amazing, even though I have blisters and muscles that are still healing. We raised money to help find a cure, and knowing that makes me so proud, and so thankful that my mom got me into this. She is amazing.
Here we are on "Jody's Couch." Jody passed away after a struggle with breast cancer. Jody's husband brings it along to the 3-day and about 3 times a day, it will be sitting along a path. You can stop, rest, hear about Jody, and take pictures. Jody's couch is such an encouragement to keep walking.
Thank you to everyone who donated to me and helped me make it to my goal. Between my mom and I, we raised over $4,600 to help find a cure.
As most of you know, I've been looking for a job. I have been praying and praying, and feeling very little direction. It has been frustrating to sit and see jobs pass me by--jobs that I could easily do. But, as always, God's plans are so much better than mine.
Yesterday I accepted a position at a small Christian college as the campus visit coordinator. I am THRILLED to start working in this position. I will have amazing coworkers and a very supportive director who is open to me taking ownership and changing anything that will make the college better. I have so many ideas and I'm just excited to get to know everyone.
So often, I want God to work on my timetable, but He is always teaching me that His timing is better. His timing is perfect. Maybe some day I will catch on. Until then, I will be vigilant with prayer.
Thank you all for your prayers, both for the walk and for this job. I am so blessed.

posted under |

6 comments:

MommyH said...

Kate!!!!!!! SO exciting!!!! God's timing is perfect. What a perfect position for you. We'll be praying for you as you begin. When do you begin? AND congrats on the walk. So great to have raised that amount. Love and miss you Kate.

Unknown said...

Kate! Congrats. That sounds so perfect, to work somewhere that you will be valued and so good at the job!

Praying for you, dear one (:

danielle dornbierer said...

Congrats Kate! (on the job and completing the walk) I think you will notice a huge difference just working for a Christian organization. I am really excited for you!

Barb Nelson said...

Congrats on completing the walk Kate - and the new job!!

MommyH said...

how's it going kate? update! love you.

Flip said...

Congrats Kate. We'll definitely miss having you around. Keep in touch.

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments