Out with the Old, In with the New

Two and a half weeks ago, I checked myself in for surgery. It was a little nerve-racking, knowing that I had pushed to get this surgery but that, in that moment, I didn't especially want to go through with it. I knew eventually I would feel so much better, but I am a total woosy little girl when it comes to pain.

The tonsillectomy went well. I remember them giving me some drugs to relax, and then the next thing I remember I was awake, asking for a popsicle. The problem with a tonsillectomy is that it affect an area that you don't even realize you use every second of every day. Eating hurt, drinking hurt, talking hurt, breathing hurt. I had a bad reaction to the pain meds (tossing my cookies, which also hurts), so I discontinued them and made it through with tylenol. Sweet, sweet tylenol. I tried to get ice cream and applesauce down when I could, but sometimes I just couldn't eat anything. I have never had such a strong craving for a burrito in my entire life, and let me tell you, I crave burritos most of the time, so that is saying something. Actually, I kind of want one right now, and it's 9:20 am....

Anyway, week one was pretty awful. I couldn't do anything. I layed around all day and waited for time to pass. Week two started to get better. I could get things down a bit better, even though I couldn't really eat solid food much. And now, into week three, I am feeling great. I have just a sore throat, but I can eat most things, and I'm back up and working, which feels great. I can smell and taste things SO much better, and I'm amazed at how spicy things are! It's wonderful!

I also started a new job last week. I've only been at North Central University (Go Rams!) for 2 days, but I'm loving it already. My co-workers are seriously amazing, and I can't wait to get to know them better. I'm learning what my job is, and I think I'm in love with it. It's people oriented, it's organized, it's wonderful! It feels so good.

I thought Spring brought the best changes, but here it is, Autumn, and it's even more beautiful than Spring.

posted under |

1 comment:

Barb Nelson said...

Glad you're feeling better! And congrats on the new job.....now send some of that job mojo my way!!!

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments