Siblings Night

I love my siblings, even though sometimes we bug each other.  Family has that affect.

Tonight is Siblings Night, something Jule, Jon and I do once a year.  We are going out to Kobe, a Japanese hibachi restaurant, and I'm so excited for steak and shrimp (and good company)!  We don't bring significant others, babies, or friends--it's just the three of us.  It's so nice to catch up, rehash childhood, and make fun of each other (wouldn't be Siblings Night without some ribbing). 

I have come to appreciate my siblings so much over the past few years.  Julie is so strong and self-motivated and I admire that immensely.  She is a full-time 5th grade teacher and  the mother of a little-less-than-one year old.  This combination seems incredible to me.  Kids all day long, and she likes it!  She is organized, but she's also creative.  She is the best advice giver (beside my MOm) and is not arrogant even though she's perfect in almost every way.  I love her.

My little brother Jon is inspiring too, but in different ways than Jule.  Jon is so passionate.  His heart is so big and he cares about everyone--the poor, the weak, the hurting.  I don't think he's ever met a stranger--he is instantly friends with everyone.  Jon is generous too.  You can give him money, but it won't stay in his pocket long, because he'll spend it on someone else.  He's a mentor, sharing his hard-earned wisdom with the next generation.  He's going to be a youth pastor (and a pastor someday,  I think).  I love him.

I can't wait to spend the evening with two amazing friends who just happen to be my siblings!

posted under |

1 comment:

candifer said...

hey lady! random tid-bit-- i have a friend who goes to north central (:

i remember in college how envious you were of your sister... sounds like time/age has brought you closer. in any case, it's always good to focus on the good you see in those around you.

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments