Threats

One of my coworkers and I have an agreement that when we are frustrated and angry with our coworkers, our lack of opportunity, our bad hair day, etc. we are allowed to threaten the other one. It's really great for burning off some stress and anger. You should all try this, but not around cops. These are some of my favorites so far:

"I swear I will throw you through this window if you say one more thing! And it will be a third floor window!"

"If you don't do what I say, I will paper cut you into the 7th ring of Hades with this misadressed letter!" (we sort mail a lot...)

"I'm so mad I'm going to throw you down these stairs, pick you up and bandage your cuts, and then throw you down again!!!"

It's pretty entertaining, and helps me not to actually hurt people. Of course, if HR got involved....we'll just not think about that option.

Anyways, the bathroom is officially tiled (though not yet grouted), and I LOVE the way it looks. It's like a tiny little spa retreat. When the transformation is complete, I'll post before and afters. I expect lots of comments on my amazing tile work. :)

Doing projects around the house never ceases to remind me of two things: 1) I can accomplish most anything I set my mind to (construction-wise) and 2) I hurt myself a lot. So far, I have gouged my leg with a drill bit, caught my hair in the cement while tiling (yep, tiled it right to the wall, so now there's a bit of me in the house forever), bruised my knee, scraped my knees, and yesterday I put a gash in my back when I stood up from squatting under the drop-in bath. May I say ouch to that forevermore. After a whole house of renovations, I may be crippled. But my house will look sweet.

On Thursday I get to babysit my cute, pudgy, amazing nephew, Eli. I look forward to making him giggle with silly faces, and telling him stories before bedtime. He is such a cute boy. How did I get so lucky?

posted under |

1 comment:

jennamae said...

haha. i love those threats! you are so creative! i don't know if i could use those in my line of work... but it would be funny!

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments