Painting

I've been asked by a couple people to post pictures of some of my paintings for sale. So, if you're not interested, you might want to skip this one. I'm also posting a few paintings not for sale, just because I like them. :) All paintings, unless otherwise stated, are oil on canvas, stretched myself.


First up is "Umbrella." (I named it before that blasted song, okay???) This pictures is a little foggy and I apologize for that. Umbrella is one of my few forays into using brushier strokes and not trying to get it perfect. $150.


"The Door" is a painting of a young Tibetan refugee. Up close you can see hints of blue and purple in the door and in her hair. $200
"Little Boys" is made in 3 pieces, interchangeable. I used grays and purples to cast a gloomy mood, but I still get happy every time I see these cute faces, so I'm not sure the colors worked. :) These cute boys are $200 together.


"Prayer Candles" is made in 4 pieces. I generally put the prayer candle panel below the monks, but this is how my mom hung them, and I kinda like it. I wanted to show the longevity and committment of serving as a monk in Tibet, so each panel is a stage of life as a monk, but through it all are prayer candles, symbolizing their faith. This is a LARGE collection, and required quite a bit of blank wall. I can get measurements if interested. $350.


What? An abstract? Yep, sometimes I do that. This is "Summer Night" (my mom named it because it reminds her of fireflies). It is acrylic on canvas, and has some textured bits to it (the leaves are raised). It comes with that handsome frame, hand-crafted my by father-in-law, Steve. Painting and frame--$150.

Umm...I guess I can only post this many pictures at a time. I'll be back with more later. :)

posted under |

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments